and the world will smile with you.
PRICE IS WHAT YOU PAY
Value is what you get.
YOU HAVE TO SOW
before you can reap.
ALWAYS DO YOUR BEST
What you plant now, you will harvest later.
a mighty trunk may grow.
WHAT WE PLANT IN THE SOIL OF CONTEMPLATION
we shall reap in the harvest of action.
must learn to work together.
INITIATE INNOVATE INSPIRE
Rural Entrepreneurs Advancing Prosperity
or REAPontario, is a research project on the contributions of immigrant entrepreneurs to Ontario’s rural and urban economic development. It is co-funded by the Ontario Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs. REAPontario is administered by the Workforce Planning Board of Waterloo Wellington Dufferin Board in partnership with the other planning boards that make up Workforce Planning Ontario.
YOUR BENEFITS START HERE!
Click Here to review Service Providers survey results
Click Here to take the survey for Immigrant Entrepreneurs
Earlier this year, many of you participated in the REAPontario survey seeking to gain a better understanding of the services available in Ontario to immigrant business owners in the agri-food sector. Thank You!! We have been gradually releasing those survey findings on the REAPontario blog and invite you to take a look if you haven’t already – and also to share your comments with us.
We are now launching the second survey of our project and once again seek your assistance. This time, we seek the input of immigrant entrepreneurs working in agri-food. We are especially focused on persons who have been business owners for 10 years or less. [Note: These individuals may have been in Canada longer than 10 years].
Would you please take some time to promote this survey through your own networks, especially directly to immigrant entrepreneurs in your community?
Why promote this survey?
- Getting the perspective of actual immigrant entrepreneurs is key to their growing successful sustainable businesses sooner rather than later. Their perspective is also key to the success of this research project. Without their input, our recommendations around immigrant attraction and retention to smaller communities will not be as valid.
- Upon request, we will provide aggregate regional data to your organization. This gives you insights into the circumstances and needs of an understudied local population. This data could inform your own grant-writing and program development.
- From the survey respondents, we will be selecting a small number of entrepreneurs for in-depth case studies of agri-food value chains. If persons from your region are selected for the case studies, you will have access to even more unique, local information that could be useful to your organization.
- If entrepreneurs provide their name and contact information at the end of the survey, they can receive the free REAPontario quarterly eNEWS and have access to resources and contacts that can assist their business.
- At the end of the survey, there are other opportunities for entrepreneurs to request supports and have their business profiled on the REAPontario website.
If you have strong ties to an individual who should take this survey, you might even offer to accompany them through the exercise. Service providers such as yourselves are much more used to taking surveys than are members of the general public. And business owners are ‘short on time’! It should take about 20 minutes. A good return on investment of time for all!
At launch, the survey is available in English only. If there is demand for other languages, please contact us and we will work toward making some accommodations.
Sign Up for the REAPontario Newsletter!
Stay up to date on all the latest news and findings.