The research team has been conducting an on-going literature scan. This will continue over the next three years and form a part the literature review to be included with the project’s final report.
Key search words include:
- immigrant entrepreneurs,
- agri-food, value chain,
- cluster/hub models,
- entrepreneurs, <
- women & youth entrepreneurs,
- urban agriculture
- rural development
- economic development
- workforce planning
- workplace shocks
- business attraction/retention/expansion [BR&E]
- direct foreign investment [DFI]
- small-mid-size businesses [SMEs]
- business/financing/ and funding models
- location quotient analysis
- shift share analysis
- rural policy
To facilitate partner/collaborator/stakeholder use, these words are also the REAPontario Blog Categories, Facebook Tags, and Twitter Hashtags.
The scope of the scan covers:
- scholarly journals
- business reports
- sector white papers – agri-food / immigration / economic development
- government websites
- immigration websites
- foundation websites
Stakeholders will see a number of the enviro-scan findings highlighted within weekly blogs, daily social media posts, quarterly REAP eNEWS, and regional news releases.
- The research team will also post an update every six months. If there is a scope or document that is of particular interest let us know.
REAPontario Enviro Scan – followed and reviewed [Oct 2013 – June 2014]:
- scholarly journals – 15 journals / 6 items
- business reports – 3 nationals / 8 items
- sector white papers – 21 white papers / 98 items
- government websites – 10 ministry sites / 31 items
- immigration websites – 7 immigration sites / 95 items
- foundation websites – 8 foundation sites / 26 items
- other – 19 institutions [ie. research] / 66 items
See Scopes for a list of sources within each Scope.